Sunday 15 January 2012

NEW ZEALAND SUPERBIKE NATIONALS 2012 ROUND ONE RUAPUNA JANUARY 7TH AND 8TH

Making a move on the final lap passing Charlett on the outside in the 600cc Supersport class.

Round 1 was a tough start to the series. I had a big crash on the Friday running over an inside curb. I hit my head and lost a bit of skin off my face, neck and arm. On the Saturday I qualified 3rd on the Suzuki GSXR 600 and 8th on the BMWS1000RR. It was a disappointing day.

By Sunday I was on the mend. I won the first 600 race and finished 3rd in the first Superbike race. In the second 600 race I was pipped on the line for first by 0.05 of a second. The Superbike race I finished 6th in. This left me first equal in points on the 600 and 3rd overall on the Superbike.

Ruapuna Raceway on the BMWS1000RR


No comments: